Sunday, December 9, 2007

Unstoppable...


Have you seen the Citizen watch commercials that star Eli Manning? They start with "Eli Manning is unstoppable.." and it goes downhill from there. Not so sure Eli is the best representative for any product right now. So you're saying that my Citizen watch will perform like Eli - it works great during college, but then it decides to stop ticking on Sundays, or then it teases me with a solid week of keeping time only to break off my wrist in a horrific 4 interception performance. Wait, my metaphors are getting mixed up. Check the Citizen Watch site (and click on Eli)..they quote his numbers from 2005 as justification for their "unstoppable" claim.

I will give Citizen credit on one thing - they selected pseudo famous people from other random sports to fill out their roster - people from hockey, cricket, skiing, golf - people who are much less visible here in the states. "Unstoppable" is a touch mark to reach. Right now Federer, Brady, and Woods might be on that list, but every once in a while they also are stopped.

2 comments:

kevin said...

I like Paula Creamer's quote about how 'pink' describes a part of her that you cannot see on television...

Anonymous said...

I think you lit a fire under Eli. He has made it his mission to stick it to the entire Full Tank team (which Im guessing is just you).

Way to go Citizen, you win again. I'll buy your watch.....Oh I'll buy your watch