Monday, July 28, 2008

Truck Rehab

So I have slowly come to realize that the exhaust I put on my truck is about 100db to loud, and the vibrations are such that the speakers I installed have slowly come apart, sounding like a rattle snake den in each of my front doors. How to solve this? Buy another exhaust system!

So, using the magic of eBay, I will turn my Flowmaster 50HD Muscle Truck side exhaust system into an MBRP full-length system and hopefully curtail the violent exhaust note that plagues the interior of my ride like a banshee. First, order the new system on eBay, then sell the old system on eBay for a similar price. I am also pulling this trick with my old door speakers and buying new ones as well. Will update the post later when/if my old gear sells. Last time my gear had actually appreciated.

Note to self - next time you put in a custom audio system in your car, don't install an exhaust system that drowns out the music. Counter-productive....

No comments: