Thursday, July 3, 2008

Updates to HDTV Guide

Now that we are well into 2008, I need to update the 2007 HDTV guide....

LCD/Plasma Flat Panel HDTV prices have fallen so low that DLP/Rear-Projection has been priced out of the market. A 50" LCD/Plasma is now $1200. Go with the flat panel, even for larger sizes.

Bigger isn't always better (insert a comment by Kyle here) - you generally want about 4 inches of screen size per foot of viewing distance. That's what she said. So if your couch is 12 feet away from the TV, go with a 46" to 50" TV. Be careful not to be that person with a 72" TV in a six by seven room. Unless you are a big IMAX fan.

If I had to buy a TV right now, it would be a close tie between a Panasonic Plasma or a Vizio LCD. I am still a Plasmas over LCD kinda guy, but if I was going to get one I'd buy a Vizio and save some cash...

No comments: