Thursday, July 3, 2008

First post from the iBook

I got the iBook up and running - as a reminder, here are the specs:

500mhz G3, 128MB SDRAM, 10GB HD, Airport, 12" LCD

I've decided I am getting that whirring rainbow beach ball of death too much, so I bought a 512MB SDRAM stick from ebay for $30. That should do the trick and get me up to speed. I am really impressed with the condition of this iBook - it is 7 years old, but looks 90% new. It has a mark from an asset tag in the back, meaning it was probably sitting in a library or school somewhere and nobody was sure how to use it. This also makes me question if it's origins are truly legit - the ebay seller had a number of lots of other used equipment, but that is not proof positive.

At any rate, in order to spruce up the old iBook, I gave it the new Leopard background - the Northern Lights, or as those of us who attend dinner parties call it, the Aurora Borealis. I had to Photoshop it for the standard 12" screen (it came in the new widescreen 13.3" format). So if you have an old iBook that is not widescreen, here's the background for you:




I also created one for my iPhone - just click the picture and save it in your computer's picture folder, then sync your iPhone and apply as background using your iPhone's menu:

No comments: