Monday, November 26, 2007

Some Turkey Day Deals...


Well, no purchases for me over Thanksgiving, but here's a run down of some great deals I saw:

Halo 3 Legendary Edition - $60@Amazon (Retail $129) - this set has the Halo Helmet, so if you're looking to really alienate your guests, just put this baby on the mantle. Can't wait to see people's reactions - "what is that thing? what is wrong with you? we shouldn't be friends anymore.". Anyway, but it does have extra DVDs, including a mashup of all of scenes from Halo 1 and 2 that plays like a movie....

Band of Brothers (DVD, WideScreen) - $26@BestBuy (Retail $79) - an awesome mini-series by HBO, Patin got me hooked on this in college where we watched the episodes back-to-back, leading to insomnia and an addiction to Totinos pizzas.

Phillips 1080P 42" LCD TV + 1080P upconvert DVD player - $760@Phillips Outlet - this was an interesting buy, for less than the price of most other TVs of this size (regardless of resolution) you could get both the TV and DVD player. The Technophiles picked this set apart with their reviews, but my guess is that the average person would be happy with this purchase. It's still available online as I write this...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was begining to think you had already emptied your think tank. Close call.

Also, my verification code to post is pfoxy. Coincidence??? I think not.

Craig Eidson said...

You can't even wear the helmet. Its just memorabilia. Master Chief would be disappointed.