Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Free TV Online


If you are still paying for TV, it is time to cut the cord. Seriously. You've already heard me talk about free HDTV over the air, and using Tivo service to capture it for $9.99 a month. Now, here is more info on another option:

As you know, TV is no longer on just the TV. A vast majority of shows are now on the Big Network websites, and are even in HD, all for free. Plus there is Hulu and YouTube out there. How do you get these in your living room? Buy a $100 computer, $10 wireless USB stick, and $30 wireless keyboard. Done and done. For less than $150 you're watching free online videos in your living room, and you can cut your cable bill. You really don't need The Hills, and its ok to purchase episodes of Talk Soup from iTunes. I approve.

The computer listed above is a small form factor unit that can stand behind your flatscreen, sit in the old cable box's slot, or rest in the DVD drawer. With wireless ethernet and keyboard/mouse, it just needs to be in the range of your network. ALso check your TV for the proper video/audio connections. You'll need DVI or VGA, and mini-jack audio in (or an equivalent RCA adapter)

If you want to set this up and you have questions, just drop me an email and I'd be glad to help. Will send pics when I setup mine - I've got to eat my own cooking....

No comments: