Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tivo HD Price Drop


The new TiVo HD box (retail $299) can now be found as a refurb at both Tivo.com ($199) and yesterday on Woot.com ($179 + 3 months free service - now expired). I continue to tell everyone I know to cut the cable bill and get over-the-air HDTV with Tivo HD. Here's the cost breakdown:

$179-$199 - Tivo HD Box (one-time purchase price)
$35 - Tivo Wireless Adapter (one-time purchase price)
$25 - Phillips HD Antenna (one-time purchase price)
$13 per month for TiVo service - no hidden fees, no activation fee, just 12.95+tax each month

With 40+ channels (only 10 or so that I really watch, just like cable), I have more programming than I can ever watch. Plus we now get some ESPN simulcasts on channel 55.1, Astros on 51.1, and the Rockets in HD once a month on 20.1.

If you do sign up, put my email address (Lee.[insertmylastname]@gmail.com) into the referral box. I am working on getting the TiVo slippers. Sweet.

1 comment:

amanda said...

Seriously, you're becoming my husband's idol. Keep up the good work! :-)

Amanda