Thursday, March 27, 2008

Kayak revealed


Here's a pic of the kayak I mentioned earlier this week - it's a Scupper Pro. Sweet ride, even sweeter name. The two guys I fish with have a Scout and a Prowler, so I got the short straw when it came to the naming convention.

There is definitely a secret underground club for kayakers - much like those who road-bike, wear yellow bracelets, or even fake tan, there is a mutual respect given among people who shun modern locomotive engineering, but instead embrace modern polyethylene engineering and resort to paddles to propel them to greatness. However, I often see people with kayak racks on the top of their SUVs that look suspiciously unused - hardcore kayakers use rope and old couch cushions to get their 'yak (secret kayak term) to the water. I prefer the truck-bed transportation method, also affectionately known as the "Windshield Impaler"....