Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Selling on Craigslist


Craiglist is slowly becoming my favorite site - I bought a TV, washer, couch, and fridge, and sold a car, fridge, and lawnmower since we've been in our home. Now I just surf it by location (like Downtown or Pearland) looking for stuff to buy. A family friend sent me an email this week asking for advice on how to sell on Craigslist, and here was my advice:
  • Put lots of good pics (4 max).
  • Search current items for sale to get an idea of asking price.
  • People like to haggle, so price your item 10% above what you want.
  • Accept cash only - too many fake checks/money orders out there.
  • Have another person present when the transaction takes place - there can be some weirdos.
  • Also advertise in local cities (i.e. San Antonio and Dallas for us in H-Town) since people will travel for large purchases.
I am currently selling my old HDTV - check out the sweet pics with the Arrested Development DVD...

No comments: