Monday, August 11, 2008

Reverse Materialism

If I've learned anything from Houston (I like to think I've learned at least 3 things), it is that no matter what you buy, someone will always have something better. Whether its a house, or the location of the house, or a car, or a phone, or anything - someone always has something better. This is a great lesson in materialism, for as much as I focus this blog on stuff you buy, I try to keep it under the guise of "how to buy stuff as cheap as possible, then sell it on eBay when you're done and break even". My materialism does not take the form of having the most expensive item, but from finding the largest percentage savings on an item you would personally enjoy...

Here's some great examples
42" Panasonic Plasma + 5.1 Phillips DVD + Install for $690
Razr batteries for $.99
JVC MP3/CD Car Stereo with built-in HD Radio for $30

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang! Where was that 42" Panasonic plasma deal when I was TV shopping 18 months ago??? That TV was an easy $2000 bucks back then.