Monday, February 9, 2009

Car rankings revisited

While watching my weekly installment of a PBS show called Motorweek, I saw a very cool opportunity to get on the race track for cheap. I have always been intrigued by amateur racing, and part of my current motivation to buy a manual transmission vehicle is to improve my driving skills. BUT, racing is expensive. Usually very expensive. After tires, gas, entry fees, and the proper equipment you were looking at $1k-$2k for a Saturday afternoon at the track. But Motorweek featured a racing group called NASA that gets you on the track for about $50. All you need is a track capable car and a helmet.

In lieu of this, I may need to add a "track-ready" factor the the fun-with-v8s spreadsheet. Here's a prime example of a car that would rank high - a 2002 Z06 for $19.5k.

No comments: