Sunday, May 10, 2009

Time drain

I have been down right weak in posting on the blog the past couple weeks. That's partly due to having fun with William, but now also do to my new boat, or as I shall now refer to it as the USS Time Drain.

Boats are no joke. This is one is even really simple. No electronics, simple clamp on motors, small trailer, etc. But the list of things to do before I can get her on the water is staggering. I've now spent an additional 30% of the purchase price on repairs, accessories, spare tires, and it goes on. Even longer than the purchase list is the to-do list which is now at 16 items long in my handy Google widget. Today I looked through a Cabela's catalogue and thought of 4 more things.

The next big items:
Sand/Pressure Wash/Re-Paint Boat
Replace rusty trailer brackets and change wheels/tires
Install seats, install motors, install my money at the local Academy

I'll post an "after" pic in a few weeks. My goal is to have her water-ready by June.

No comments: