Friday, April 4, 2008

Mustang for a day


I borrowed the Mustang for Saturday/Sunday...we'll see if I still want one (answer is yes, just based on the 20 minute drive home). On the way home, AC/DC's "Back in Black" came on the radio - too bad its passion was struck down by my need to balance the thoughts of "don't stall now" with "don't make Susan sick and puke on the leather and then have to clean it up with special cleaner all Saturday when you could have been kayaking". Here's the ride in my garage, right next to the Scupper Pro...

And for the review - great handling, awesome stock engine and exhaust sounds, styling speaks for itself (people are breaking their necks to look at this thing), perfect amount of horsepower. Negatives - needs 6 more inches of leg room, needs the dash bezel trimmed down (it sticks out 2 inches for no reason and hits my right leg in both the rest and accelerating position), the back seat is non-existent - and I drove a Camaro for 3 years. For the price (GT models start at $24K), this is one incredible value, and for me the retro styling puts it over late model Corvettes, Hemis, and GTOs, even though it has less horsepower....

No comments: